-
how to restore klik after reinstall of Linux
I was returning to my Simply Mepis Linux box after my Mac Mini hard drive crashed without warning. I had tried Klik with Suse 10 before and was not able to get any of the applications I tried to work. This was a number of months ago - maybe 4. Now I tried Klik with Simply Mepis 3.4-3 final and was pleasantly surprised that all the applications that I needed minus the ones I got through Synaptic worked great. I got Adobe Reader, Inkscape-latest, Koffice 1.5 beta, Opera 8.5, and SeaMonkey installed and they work fine, although the Flash plugin which works in the Firefox that came with Simply Mepis doesn't work in the Opera or SeaMonkey Klik files, I am very impressed at how much this project has come along. Once KDE 4 and whatever version Gnome comes out with in their corresponding version and once Klik is not labelled as experimental, then I will put my mom on Linux. Right now she is on a Mac, but she doesn't want to spend money to keep the software up to date and she trusts my judgement. What is holding me back from switching entirely to Linux is waiting for the next version of Inkscape and Scribus and Xara LX 1.0.
I have a question, though. I want to reinstall Simply Mepis when I sign up for the subscription at the beginning of next month and then install just from the CDs for extra applications plus the Klik packages that I have installed, because I don't want anything installed from Debian repositories on the web as I heard Debian has been unstable for a long time. The question is - how do I back up and then restore the CMG files. Do I put them in a tar.gz file and then burn them to CD-ROM and then just copy them back over and after I reinstall Simply Mepis and then reinstall klik? Would that work, or do I need to then reinstall from the web?
Similar Threads
-
By toecutter in forum Klik
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-10-2006, 09:45 PM
-
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-29-2004, 01:12 AM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-17-2004, 05:50 PM
-
Replies: 210
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 03:04 PM
-
By Paradox in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 09:51 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$629.99

IBM System S822 Dual Socket Server Motherboard W/Cage FRU P/N: 74Y4343 Tested
$499.99

Ibm Computer Tower
$400.00

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$135.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99