Quote Originally Posted by swg1cor14
I KNOW its not the CD because I have the same problem with ANY version of linux I try to install on this computer.
My first question is what speed did you burn the CD at? No matter what you think you know, we have seen many many cases of the CD booting slow or not at all when the CD is burnt too fast. If the CD was burnt at a slow speed then it could be a drive issue, the age of the drive is not proof that it is not, but it could also be a media quality issue (my first step after a slow burn before trying a different drive would be to burn slowly on different media, a 700 meg CDRW would be a good choice for several reasons). It would also help if you would define slow. See the above link for some real world examples, and how much more useful a conversation can be when moved from the abstract to quanitive measurement.