I'm guessing here.. but maybe for somewhat reason w32codecs did the trick?
What packages do I need to add to get ability to replay quicktime-encoded files? I've add qt6codecs from Christian Marillat's apt repository and also libopenquicktime-bin from Debian's repostiry, but neither did the trick. My main Debian-system can replay quicktime-files just fine, with both mplayer and xine...I just don't know what did the trick.
I'm guessing here.. but maybe for somewhat reason w32codecs did the trick?
Nope, I've installed w32codecs on my remastered knoppix as well. Works great for pretty much everything else though.
Ok, I actually had the codecs, and the trick to get it working was a simple "chmod a+rw /dev/zero".

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Vintage Linux DVD - Knoppix 5.2 - c't Magazine - 7 / 2007 - Software Collection 2
$7.84
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.59