-
Kernal panic help
I am new to knoppix and when I try to boot it comes up with kernal panic then freezes.
I have tried the cheat codes
knoppix vga=0
knoppix vga=0 debug -b3
failsafe debug -b3
but none of them would boot knoppix does any one know anything that could help me??
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
What speed was the disc burnt at? Have you tried the testcd boot "cheat code"? And I'm hoping that you confirmed the md5 checksum before burning. Does the CD boot on other systems? Also try booting with "memtest" (not knoppix memtest) at the boot prompt.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
I do not know what speed the disk was burnt at because I ordered the disk. I tried the testcd cheat code but it just came up with kernel panic error again.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
Vamps
I do not know what speed the disk was burnt at because I ordered the disk.
Well, that's certainly one of the main reasons why I advise against ordering pre-burnt CD"s. The people who sell them almost certainly burn them at high speed to maxamize profit, even though this is well known to cause many booting problems. If the disk is burned CDR media and not a pressed disk (like was distributed at TAG) then I suspect that is highly likely to be the source of the problem. My suggestion would be to download another copy, confirm the md5 sum, and burn it as a slow speed. Or if you don't have the capability to do this, find a friend with a high speed conection and introduce him to Knoppix and make copies for both of you.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
Fixed the problem knoppix works now
Thanks for all your help
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
How about telling us what it was to help the next user rather than just post "it's fixed"?
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By st_moose in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-07-2006, 06:20 PM
-
By lbenn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-26-2005, 11:08 PM
-
By ChillyWilly in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 13
Last Post: 05-23-2004, 06:42 PM
-
By zentu in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 09:16 PM
-
By scottb908 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-05-2004, 11:48 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM 02CL197 FLASH SYSTEM 840-900 LITHIUM ION SERVER BATTERY MODULE 990854
$225.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$54.99