-
Giving Knoppix & derivatives to minors
I'm considering teaching a class on open-source computer graphics at my church to 10-20 yr olds or in the local high school night program.
I've played with Knoppix for over 14 months now and I myself know how not to wreck the underlying installation; I am wondering if one were intent on doing something stupid, one could find a way. I just have fears of giving a knoppix (or Mediainlinux, 'cuz they got povray :P ) CD to an 11-year old, and he finds a way to reformat his father's work laptop. I wouldn't hesitate to give to 18 year olds, but younger kids might go nuts.
Two questions:
1) Is there a way to minimize the risk of such events by choosing a particular distro (like, is Gnome less risky in this regard??) or some other means?
2) Is there a common articulation of the risk available somewhere such that I could give to parents with a CD?
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By balakrishnan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-11-2007, 11:34 AM
-
By Dryfter in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-01-2005, 05:30 PM
-
By eco2geek in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-01-2005, 02:09 AM
-
By gmamorim in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-01-2004, 11:50 PM
-
By Waylander in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-13-2003, 06:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard
$351.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00