Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: d-link card not recognized

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    d-link card not recognized

    I am new to linux, and while I would like to think that I now coputers well, I obviously do not compared to everyone on this site.
    When I try to use my d-link dwl-650 pcmcia wifi card in knoppix the computer doesn't recognize it (wifi manager program shows a little wireless card with a ? mark).
    This seemed like it might be the problem, but I don't know, and even if I did I wouldn't know how to fix it.
    When knoppix is loading I see some text that says:
    pcmcia device detected starting cardmanager (this isn't exactly right)
    [cardmanager]: starting version 3.2.5
    [cardmanager]: unsupported card in socket 0
    [cardmanager]: product info: "D-link", "DWL-650 wireless PC card RevP", "ISL37101P-10", "A3"
    [cardmanager]: manfid: 0x000b, 0x7110 funtion: 6 (network)


    Also in an unrelated (hopefully) issue, it then goes on to say that it found a firewire port, but I am pretty damn sure I don't have one, even though I wish I did. but then after that it says twice: "FATAL: could not read /lib/modules/2.6.11/kernal/drivers/input/evdev.ko: not directory"

    finally it does eventually access a network device, but I'm assuming that it is accesing my ethernet port.
    It says "network device eth0 detected DHCP broadcasting for IP." Disappointingly I don't have access to a hardwire ethernet connection.

    I am running a toshiba satellite A15-S129.
    Your help would be greatly appreciated, and I promise to be thoroughly impressed with whatever you come up with.

  2. #2
    So I've don a bit more searching (which maybe I should have done before asking questions...) and it seems like I may have to load a seperate driver for my d-link card from http://acx100.sourceforge.net/wiki/ACX111 or possibly a link from d-link support to ftp://ftp.linux-wlan.org/pub/linux-wlan-ng/

    I have two problems:
    1. there are approximatly 100 different downloads on the ftp.linux site, with varying extensions including tar.gz, tar.bz2 etc... and I don't know which one I need to get. I have the same problem with the ACX website, though there seems to be less choices.
    2. Even if I found the right file I wouldn't know how to add it to knoppix. Do I have to use command prompt in knoppix to add the driver everytime I restart knoppix? more importantly, the directions on the acx page tell me that I should decompress the file into knoppix straight from the internet, which is tough, considering that I need the file to access the internet. Could I download the file in windows and then type it's location from the HD after "wget" (eg wget C:\knoppix driver\acx-20060215.tar.bz2)

    I am probably wrong about all of this, but whatever...

  3. #3

    same prob

    im the quaint essential noob to Linux
    I have a d-link wireless network card that connects to the laptop by USB and its not detected by knopix.
    When I find something that looks like an answer to the problem its all in terms a noob cant understand. I am using knoppix to try and get to know linux but it’s a daunting prospect, and there doesn’t seem to be any real noob how to pages or tutorials.

    But to sum it up same problem.

Similar Threads

  1. Wireless card not recognized.
    By ralien in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2007, 12:52 AM
  2. D-link card recognized/browser cant get in
    By halprinz in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2006, 03:39 AM
  3. d-link card not recognized
    By hunterpritchett in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-20-2006, 08:34 AM
  4. Wireless card not recognized
    By SpongeBob in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-06-2006, 09:59 PM
  5. My wireless card is not recognized
    By gradnite in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-15-2004, 01:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



Toshiba 1TB 2.5

Toshiba 1TB 2.5" SATA HDD MQ01ABD100V 5400RPM 9.5mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive

$53.99



HDD 3.5

HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy

$35.00



Western Digital WD2003FYYS-05T9B0 2TB 7.2K SATA 3.5'' Enterprise Hard Drive picture

Western Digital WD2003FYYS-05T9B0 2TB 7.2K SATA 3.5'' Enterprise Hard Drive

$30.76



Western Digital WD Red 4TB NAS Hard Drive WD40EFRX SATA 64MB 3.5

Western Digital WD Red 4TB NAS Hard Drive WD40EFRX SATA 64MB 3.5" HDD

$145.00



HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



HGST HUS726060AL5210 0F22791 6TB 7.2K 3.5

HGST HUS726060AL5210 0F22791 6TB 7.2K 3.5" SAS HDD Enterprise Storage Drive

$78.99



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99