-
d-link card not recognized
I am new to linux, and while I would like to think that I now coputers well, I obviously do not compared to everyone on this site.
When I try to use my d-link dwl-650 pcmcia wifi card in knoppix the computer doesn't recognize it (wifi manager program shows a little wireless card with a ? mark).
This seemed like it might be the problem, but I don't know, and even if I did I wouldn't know how to fix it.
When knoppix is loading I see some text that says:
pcmcia device detected starting cardmanager (this isn't exactly right)
[cardmanager]: starting version 3.2.5
[cardmanager]: unsupported card in socket 0
[cardmanager]: product info: "D-link", "DWL-650 wireless PC card RevP", "ISL37101P-10", "A3"
[cardmanager]: manfid: 0x000b, 0x7110 funtion: 6 (network)
Also in an unrelated (hopefully) issue, it then goes on to say that it found a firewire port, but I am pretty damn sure I don't have one, even though I wish I did. but then after that it says twice: "FATAL: could not read /lib/modules/2.6.11/kernal/drivers/input/evdev.ko: not directory"
finally it does eventually access a network device, but I'm assuming that it is accesing my ethernet port.
It says "network device eth0 detected DHCP broadcasting for IP." Disappointingly I don't have access to a hardwire ethernet connection.
I am running a toshiba satellite A15-S129.
Your help would be greatly appreciated, and I promise to be thoroughly impressed with whatever you come up with.
Similar Threads
-
By ralien in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-10-2007, 12:52 AM
-
By halprinz in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-21-2006, 03:39 AM
-
By hunterpritchett in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-20-2006, 08:34 AM
-
By SpongeBob in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-06-2006, 09:59 PM
-
By gradnite in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-15-2004, 01:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems
$345.00

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems
$295.00

SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested
$119.99

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800
$189.95

MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board
$675.00

MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer
$2550.00

Computer Retrospective DDP-116 SEAC UNIVAC DEC PDP-8 Altair 8800 Cray-1 CDC 6600
$65.00

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI
$150.00

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00