-
So I've don a bit more searching (which maybe I should have done before asking questions...) and it seems like I may have to load a seperate driver for my d-link card from http://acx100.sourceforge.net/wiki/ACX111 or possibly a link from d-link support to ftp://ftp.linux-wlan.org/pub/linux-wlan-ng/
I have two problems:
1. there are approximatly 100 different downloads on the ftp.linux site, with varying extensions including tar.gz, tar.bz2 etc... and I don't know which one I need to get. I have the same problem with the ACX website, though there seems to be less choices.
2. Even if I found the right file I wouldn't know how to add it to knoppix. Do I have to use command prompt in knoppix to add the driver everytime I restart knoppix? more importantly, the directions on the acx page tell me that I should decompress the file into knoppix straight from the internet, which is tough, considering that I need the file to access the internet. Could I download the file in windows and then type it's location from the HD after "wget" (eg wget C:\knoppix driver\acx-20060215.tar.bz2)
I am probably wrong about all of this, but whatever...
Similar Threads
-
By ralien in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-10-2007, 12:52 AM
-
By halprinz in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-21-2006, 03:39 AM
-
By hunterpritchett in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-20-2006, 08:34 AM
-
By SpongeBob in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-06-2006, 09:59 PM
-
By gradnite in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-15-2004, 01:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00

Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)
$64.99

RAM G. SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 3200 CL16 F43200C16Q64GVK Matched
$149.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
![[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc. picture](/store/img/g/IKQAAeSwEK9qv9TG/s-l225/-BULK-LOT-OF-10-UNITS-of-8GB-DDR4-Laptop-RAM-SAMSU.jpg)
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$155.19

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00

16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980
$39.99