There is a thread there which has a short dissertation on XOSL.
It is titled: GRUB help 4 Windows, Knoppix, Mandriva & Ubuntu
Seems to the point. I started to download XOSL after reading it.
Dick
Hi,
I would like to setup my system to boot Windows, Knoppix and fedora. While searching this forum, I came across mention that XOSL is a great boot loader. Can someone point me to a good "howto" for XOSL?
My system has 40 GB HDD and CD-ROM drive but no floppy drive. Didn't get a floppy drive because most OS and software seem to come in CDs or DVDs these days.
Thanks.
There is a thread there which has a short dissertation on XOSL.
It is titled: GRUB help 4 Windows, Knoppix, Mandriva & Ubuntu
Seems to the point. I started to download XOSL after reading it.
Dick
I use XOSL and am a big advocate of it. But you may have a lot of trouble installing it without a floppy drive. The installer really wants a floppy, I would suggest hooking up a temporary floppy for the install. If you have a system where that can't be done (such as a notebook) then a USB floppy might work, but be aware that unless your BIOS lets you see the USB floppy as a regular floppy drive (some do) or you have a version of DOS that gives you USB support, the USB floppy approach may not work. If you do manage to install without a floppy pleae post back what you did.
Also be aware that XOSL hasn't been updated in quite a while and I am hearing that it does not support SATA drives (I don't have SATA and can't test or confirm that).
Thanks for the pointers guys. I checked my bios and it doesn't have any option to boot up from usb device. I'll have to go cannibalise one.

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$35.99
SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99
128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$123.90
Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD
$13.00