There is a thread there which has a short dissertation on XOSL.
It is titled: GRUB help 4 Windows, Knoppix, Mandriva & Ubuntu
Seems to the point. I started to download XOSL after reading it.
Dick
Hi,
I would like to setup my system to boot Windows, Knoppix and fedora. While searching this forum, I came across mention that XOSL is a great boot loader. Can someone point me to a good "howto" for XOSL?
My system has 40 GB HDD and CD-ROM drive but no floppy drive. Didn't get a floppy drive because most OS and software seem to come in CDs or DVDs these days.
Thanks.
There is a thread there which has a short dissertation on XOSL.
It is titled: GRUB help 4 Windows, Knoppix, Mandriva & Ubuntu
Seems to the point. I started to download XOSL after reading it.
Dick
I use XOSL and am a big advocate of it. But you may have a lot of trouble installing it without a floppy drive. The installer really wants a floppy, I would suggest hooking up a temporary floppy for the install. If you have a system where that can't be done (such as a notebook) then a USB floppy might work, but be aware that unless your BIOS lets you see the USB floppy as a regular floppy drive (some do) or you have a version of DOS that gives you USB support, the USB floppy approach may not work. If you do manage to install without a floppy pleae post back what you did.
Also be aware that XOSL hasn't been updated in quite a while and I am hearing that it does not support SATA drives (I don't have SATA and can't test or confirm that).
Thanks for the pointers guys. I checked my bios and it doesn't have any option to boot up from usb device. I'll have to go cannibalise one.

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99
Seagate BarraCuda ST5000LM000 5TB 5400RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Hard
$169.99
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99
Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
**77%-89% HEALTH**HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache
$69.99
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99
HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00
HGST Ultrastar 2TB 3.5" Enterprise SATA 7200RPM Internal HDD HUS724020ALA640
$54.99