There is a thread there which has a short dissertation on XOSL.
It is titled: GRUB help 4 Windows, Knoppix, Mandriva & Ubuntu
Seems to the point. I started to download XOSL after reading it.
Dick
Hi,
I would like to setup my system to boot Windows, Knoppix and fedora. While searching this forum, I came across mention that XOSL is a great boot loader. Can someone point me to a good "howto" for XOSL?
My system has 40 GB HDD and CD-ROM drive but no floppy drive. Didn't get a floppy drive because most OS and software seem to come in CDs or DVDs these days.
Thanks.
There is a thread there which has a short dissertation on XOSL.
It is titled: GRUB help 4 Windows, Knoppix, Mandriva & Ubuntu
Seems to the point. I started to download XOSL after reading it.
Dick
I use XOSL and am a big advocate of it. But you may have a lot of trouble installing it without a floppy drive. The installer really wants a floppy, I would suggest hooking up a temporary floppy for the install. If you have a system where that can't be done (such as a notebook) then a USB floppy might work, but be aware that unless your BIOS lets you see the USB floppy as a regular floppy drive (some do) or you have a version of DOS that gives you USB support, the USB floppy approach may not work. If you do manage to install without a floppy pleae post back what you did.
Also be aware that XOSL hasn't been updated in quite a while and I am hearing that it does not support SATA drives (I don't have SATA and can't test or confirm that).
Thanks for the pointers guys. I checked my bios and it doesn't have any option to boot up from usb device. I'll have to go cannibalise one.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW
$225.00
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$175.00
Dell Optiplex 5080 Intel Core i5 10th Gen 8GB RAM No Drive/OS USFF Desktop
$125.75
Lenovo ThinkCentre M720Q Core i5-8500T 2.10GHz 8GB 128GB SDD W11 Mini PC (Z3675)
$125.96
SRF8X Intel Xeon Gold 6240 18 Core 2.60GHz 24.75MB 150W Processor CPU
$19.99
Dell OptiPlex 3050 (256 GB SSD, Intel Core i5 7th gen, 8 GB RAM) Working
$49.99
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor….
$309.99
DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5" AIO Core i5 10500T 8GB 256GB NVMe Windows 11 -NO STAND
$189.99
Dell Optiplex 7070 SFF i7-9700 8-Core 3.0GHz 16B Ram NO HDD NO OS
$199.99