-
Knoppix 5.0 & rt2500
I have done everything that gets my rt2500 up & running under Knoppix 3.9 & no matter what I do I get:
"aborted network switching due to invalid wep key specification". Rat droppings!
I have even set my router's WEP key to open & my rt2500 WEP key to open and still get the error.
My laptop won't boot with the nosmp cheat code.
Is it ndiswrapper again or does someone know how to get this working using the builtin driver?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I have a similar problem with my wi-fi connection. I initially thought that it was something with my router, but I have begun to suspect that it is my wi-fi card as a friend of mine can connect to my wep incrypted network just fine with the same distro. I am using a Dell TruMobile 1300 wi-fi card which is manufactured by Broadcom, which is supposed to have awful/non-existant linux support. I finally managed to get my wi-fi card working with ndiswrapper and the Linuxant driver loader, but I also would get the invalid WEP Key specification error. I believe that my wi-fi card and not the router simply does not and possibly cannot support DHCP since I have also done everything I can think of to get my wi-fi card working with WEP in linux and still can't connect but I can get it to connect in windows which is what has led me to the conclusion since windows doesn't use DHCP the card is able to connect properly and is a cheap piece of crap since DHCP is a common protocol, perhaps the same is true of yours if that is even the case with mine.......
Similar Threads
-
By snakedriver in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-20-2007, 08:38 PM
-
By ry-ry in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-08-2007, 08:02 PM
-
By snakedriver in forum Networking
Replies: 8
Last Post: 11-20-2005, 11:53 PM
-
By ketilfroyn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-13-2005, 02:35 AM
-
By paradigm_shift in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-18-2005, 10:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard
$95.99

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99

ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$75.00