-
Senior Member
registered user
Use Knoppix for Windows anti-virus?
I just got an idea. I don't know if it's a GOOD idea, but it could very well be -- and get some good press for Knoppix in the bargain.
Have you ever encountered a Windows machine so crudded-up with viruses that it wouldn't boot (or you were afraid to, for fear of further damage)? I have! I envision a version of the Knoppix disc that has Linux-based anti-virus software capable of detecting and dealing with Windows viruses on a user's machine.
The obvious question is: does such Linux software exist? I Googled the phrase "linux based windows antivirus" and the only hits I got were Linux server-side software that could deal with Windows client-side viruses. I think that, in order to run on a Knoppix disc, it would either have to be more local-oriented or able to "trick" the software into a client-server simulation. I think this idea has potential. Any further ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. I'm not a programmer, or I would take this on myself...
Similar Threads
-
By Cuddles in forum The Lounge
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-25-2004, 12:20 AM
-
By styven in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-10-2004, 06:01 PM
-
By user unknown in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-06-2004, 03:38 PM
-
By jhobo4 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-19-2004, 04:10 AM
-
By cascadefx in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-01-2003, 09:13 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B
$299.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55