open xine.Then click the CD text which is next to DVB (it's the bottom-right corner of the player.
Hi, I've been using knoppix 3.7 & 4.0 for testing and setting up a friends old 500MHz pentium box (note, the box had only 128MB, and with the 2.6 kernel used on 4.0,2 everything literally was "slower than molasses in January"; I added a couple old 32MB DIMMS so I could run knoppix 4.0.2).
I could not find a cd player in the kde menu!
I read part of asiego's blog item (he is the kscd maintainer) about kscd, but kscd isn't installed on knoppix (was it dropped from kde 3.4?). There are several media players, but if any of them can play cd's it's not obvious! There isn't even the old standby xplaycd!
How do I play music CD's in knoppix?
Thanks in advance,
johnpipe
open xine.Then click the CD text which is next to DVB (it's the bottom-right corner of the player.

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.77