-
Re: Remaster from inside another distro?

Originally Posted by
noob001
Hi, How would I go about doing a remaster of knoppix 3.7 from inside ubuntu?
I've tried doing it but after I extract the compressed filesystem and mount it I get errors about it being a read-only disk....
I originally tried that (remastering in Kanotix), but ran into trouble due to different kernels (the running one vs. the Knoppix remaster one) and different versions of GCC when trying to install a package from a tarball into the remaster.
I have VMware so I decided to create a Virtual Machine, with the virtual CD linked to the original Knoppix ISO. Booted VMware into that and then partitioned/formatted the virtual disk (6GB + 2GB swap). This works great as I boot Knoppix and create my remaster on the virtual disk in the chroot environment.
You can to the same without VMware, by having an empty partition on your harddrive... just boot the Knoppix CD and remaster onto that partition.
Similar Threads
-
By nvgringo in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-27-2005, 12:12 AM
-
By silian87 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:46 AM
-
By pau1knopp in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 04:12 PM
-
By dbojan in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-04-2003, 10:17 AM
-
By probono in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-19-2003, 06:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$22.00

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears
$99.99

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

~NIB~ Netgear GS728TPP-300NAS V3 24 PORT GIGABIT POE MNGD W. 4 SFP PORTS
$349.95

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00