-
Re: I can't get Knoppix to work with DHCP
I have the same kind of problem with KNOPPIX V5.0 DVD. The KNOPPIX V4.0.2 was working correctly. So I suspect it is the newer kernel in combination with a cheap ADSL-router (Etech), I think the two do not interact properly when they do DHCP configuration.
I use the following script to connect to the internet. In my case the router is set on 10.10.10.100.
Code:
#!/bin/bash
ifconfig eth0 10.10.10.105 up
#ifconfig
route add default gw 10.10.10.100
#route
echo nameserver 217.149.196.6 > /etc/resolv.conf
echo nameserver 217.149.192.6 >> /etc/resolv.conf
cat /etc/resolv.conf
Once run I'm connected to the internet perfectly fine.
This way I can continue to use the newest KNOPPIX, but I'm interested in where the problem comes from. Anyone??
Similar Threads
-
By och in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-09-2007, 01:04 PM
-
By frenco in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-29-2005, 08:58 AM
-
By zZyXx in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-03-2004, 05:57 PM
-
By dugstratton in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 08:30 PM
-
By rec9140 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-24-2003, 07:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1245v6 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$483.99

Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1220v5 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$477.00

Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1240v5 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$484.00

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99