-
NVidia MX440
I have a machine that currently has a MX200 card in it and I wish to upgrade. Has anyone used Knoppix with the MX440 and did you encounter any problems with it?
-
Junior Member
registered user
I assume you're talking about the geforce 4 mx 440, but if I'm wrong, let me know.
I just bought a geforce 4 MX (not sure which number), and it does work under knoppix 3.2; however, the standard drivers didn't work all that well (eg if you try to run chromium it runs very slowly). If you follow the instructions for using nvidia's drivers, it works great. I've now got day of defeat (half-life mod) running under wine. This card seems to work as well in linux as it does in windows once you upgrade the drivers.
Hope this helps,
soap
see: nvidia driver howtos
read this first
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1593#8284
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=960#3848
-
Thank-you very much. Im off to the store.
Similar Threads
-
By swazi in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-11-2004, 05:15 AM
-
By Rink in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-04-2004, 01:57 PM
-
By nIght in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-03-2003, 09:28 PM
-
By code_pupil in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-03-2003, 07:49 AM
-
By Nthline in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-26-2003, 07:00 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00