-
Root Login freezez
I need to login as root but I need to make a root password to do that. When I go to change the root password I get the change unix password input line but I can't type, the cursor blinks like I can type but no letters input. How do I fix this/get around it?
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
I already know about that. The problem is when I try to change the password the command box freezes.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
K-Man
I already know about that. The problem is when I try to change the password the command box freezes.
Are you sure it freezes. Did you try writing something and pressing Enter? It's normal that you don't see anything while typing your password - it's meant to work that way.
Code:
knoppix@1[knoppix]$ sudo passwd
Enter new UNIX password: # Enter your password and press Enter, you won't see anything while typing.
Retype new UNIX password: # Enter your password again and press Enter, you won't see anything while typing.
passwd: password updated successfully
Similar Threads
-
By crazy_monkey108 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-20-2006, 09:33 AM
-
By brass in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-29-2006, 11:40 PM
-
By ackelley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-12-2005, 11:52 PM
-
By mienque in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-29-2004, 06:15 AM
-
By 1st_time in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-17-2003, 04:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix 128GB (4 x 32GB) PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC Server Memory HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH
$649.95

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1 | 32GB PC4-2666V ECC RDIMM Server RAM
$184.95

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99

2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17
$3.35

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99

Team Group T-Create Expert RAM 32gb (2 x 16gb) 6000 Mhz DDR5 Desktop Memory Modu
$399.95

Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC
$370.00

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98