Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: What did You add?

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    40

    What did You add?

    Hello, I would like to know what did You add to standard knoppix? I added Rhide, Free Pascal, NCftp, mplayer, aalib+aview, figlet, rar.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    14
    an openMosix patched kernel, openMosix userland tools, blender, yafray, povray.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by jtally
    an openMosix patched kernel, openMosix userland tools, blender, yafray, povray.
    I did this too.. How did it go? The point is obvious - walk into a room full of computers that can PXE boot, put in one cd, boot the rest, and instant cluster
    What programs did you run on the cluster?

    I added a few kernel patches - preempt, crypto, LPP / bootsplash. In the next version I'll add cervisia, and superkaramba

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    27

    Re: What did You add?

    I added Lazarus (IDE for Freepascal), Scilab and Quanta ..
    - best regards

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by eadz
    I did this too.. How did it go? The point is obvious - walk into a room full of computers that can PXE boot, put in one cd, boot the rest, and instant cluster
    What programs did you run on the cluster?

    I added a few kernel patches - preempt, crypto, LPP / bootsplash. In the next version I'll add cervisia, and superkaramba
    eadz,

    Sounds like a nice disk. Any chance this (or a future version) will be made available online? Since the KDE people are doing their own knoppix version, I can see why you might let the KnoppixKDE project go, but you still make nice customizations.

    PS. I'm having a lot of fun playing with clusterknoppix
    http://bofh.be/clusterknoppix/

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    202
    lm_sensors (hardware monitoring, fans, cpu temperature etc.)
    lmule (linux emule)
    d4x (download for X)
    mplayer

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    40

    a

    How did ypu add d4x, when I want to compile it it shows me a message that there is no GTK+, did You use .deb or source? What version did You install?

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    202

    Re: a

    Quote Originally Posted by Pasq
    How did ypu add d4x, when I want to compile it it shows me a message that there is no GTK+, did You use .deb or source? What version did You install?

    I dont remember, but I always go through synaptic (apt-get) or through a *.deb package.
    The version is 2.4.1-1

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    220
    jedit and j2sdk1.4 is also nice thing to add..

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by aay
    PS. I'm having a lot of fun playing with clusterknoppix
    http://bofh.be/clusterknoppix/
    Can you put up a mirror? I don't seem te be able to connect to the ftp server
    [edit]never mind: gFTP works, Konqueror FTP does not...[/edit]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HYNIX  HMA82GR7DJR8N - XN   3200AA    16GB 288 Pin RDIMM DDR4 Memory picture

HYNIX HMA82GR7DJR8N - XN 3200AA 16GB 288 Pin RDIMM DDR4 Memory

$105.00



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162) picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)

$36.99



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



Lenovo 2TB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Metal Drive Flash Memory Stick Data Storage. picture

Lenovo 2TB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Metal Drive Flash Memory Stick Data Storage.

$3.99



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB picture

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB

$124.95



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



MTC10F1084S1RC48BA1 MICRON 16GB (1X16GB) 1Rx8 PC5-4800B SERVER MEMORY picture

MTC10F1084S1RC48BA1 MICRON 16GB (1X16GB) 1Rx8 PC5-4800B SERVER MEMORY

$595.99



20pc Server RAM Lot 296GB DDR3 DDR4 ECC RDIMM 16GB 8GB PC3 PC4 Tested picture

20pc Server RAM Lot 296GB DDR3 DDR4 ECC RDIMM 16GB 8GB PC3 PC4 Tested

$250.00



Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW picture

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW

$1.39