Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: What did You add?

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    40

    What did You add?

    Hello, I would like to know what did You add to standard knoppix? I added Rhide, Free Pascal, NCftp, mplayer, aalib+aview, figlet, rar.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    14
    an openMosix patched kernel, openMosix userland tools, blender, yafray, povray.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by jtally
    an openMosix patched kernel, openMosix userland tools, blender, yafray, povray.
    I did this too.. How did it go? The point is obvious - walk into a room full of computers that can PXE boot, put in one cd, boot the rest, and instant cluster
    What programs did you run on the cluster?

    I added a few kernel patches - preempt, crypto, LPP / bootsplash. In the next version I'll add cervisia, and superkaramba

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    27

    Re: What did You add?

    I added Lazarus (IDE for Freepascal), Scilab and Quanta ..
    - best regards

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by eadz
    I did this too.. How did it go? The point is obvious - walk into a room full of computers that can PXE boot, put in one cd, boot the rest, and instant cluster
    What programs did you run on the cluster?

    I added a few kernel patches - preempt, crypto, LPP / bootsplash. In the next version I'll add cervisia, and superkaramba
    eadz,

    Sounds like a nice disk. Any chance this (or a future version) will be made available online? Since the KDE people are doing their own knoppix version, I can see why you might let the KnoppixKDE project go, but you still make nice customizations.

    PS. I'm having a lot of fun playing with clusterknoppix
    http://bofh.be/clusterknoppix/

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    202
    lm_sensors (hardware monitoring, fans, cpu temperature etc.)
    lmule (linux emule)
    d4x (download for X)
    mplayer

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    40

    a

    How did ypu add d4x, when I want to compile it it shows me a message that there is no GTK+, did You use .deb or source? What version did You install?

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    202

    Re: a

    Quote Originally Posted by Pasq
    How did ypu add d4x, when I want to compile it it shows me a message that there is no GTK+, did You use .deb or source? What version did You install?

    I dont remember, but I always go through synaptic (apt-get) or through a *.deb package.
    The version is 2.4.1-1

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    220
    jedit and j2sdk1.4 is also nice thing to add..

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by aay
    PS. I'm having a lot of fun playing with clusterknoppix
    http://bofh.be/clusterknoppix/
    Can you put up a mirror? I don't seem te be able to connect to the ftp server
    [edit]never mind: gFTP works, Konqueror FTP does not...[/edit]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$95.20



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08



Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)

$1599.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



HP ProLiant BL460c Gen9 DUAL E5-2690v3 DDR4 ECC 2x CADDY NO DRIVES NO MEMORY/RAM picture

HP ProLiant BL460c Gen9 DUAL E5-2690v3 DDR4 ECC 2x CADDY NO DRIVES NO MEMORY/RAM

$30.00



Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU picture

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU

$197.76



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD

$349.99



Lenovo ThinkSystem SN550 Blade | 7X16 | 01KP356 | Drives and RAM not included picture

Lenovo ThinkSystem SN550 Blade | 7X16 | 01KP356 | Drives and RAM not included

$299.99