-
Extremely Slow Booting
When I insert the CD into a CD drive and boot, it boots extremely slow. I moved the disc to another computer and it boots fine. I've tried enabling DMA, failsafe, tried setting the home directory to a different drive. I KNOW its not the CD because I have the same problem with ANY version of linux I try to install on this computer. The DVD-rom drive is brand new. The primary master drive is NOT brand new....could it be possible, that even though I denote a different drive to be home, that this drive could be the reason it takes forever to boot up?
Similar Threads
-
By mbgb14 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-12-2006, 04:43 PM
-
By Josh83 in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-15-2005, 08:59 PM
-
By johnsmith01 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-11-2005, 08:04 AM
-
By Shing in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-31-2005, 08:03 AM
-
By ultimalrage in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-13-2004, 05:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98