-
chroot in source
Please can you tell me exact procedure if this can be done:
I want to start kde in choot enviroment so that I can change whatever I want (on the source) by using kde built-in tools and save that on the remastered CD... I have tried but I've encountred a lot of problems so some help would be apreciated... thx
-
Boot at run level 2 or 3, do the copying, chroot, startx....
The best thing to do, from what I've read, is just move the files into /etc/skel and make sure your scripts grab the X11 stuff for KDE (which it should). See O'Reily Knopix Hacks. The last few chapters go over this very well.
Similar Threads
-
By usha panwar in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 08:37 AM
-
By britthouser in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-14-2004, 03:48 AM
-
By gursharnsingh in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 09:38 PM
-
By sminotti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-07-2003, 07:46 PM
-
By garyng in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-13-2003, 09:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Datto S3P4000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4
$137.56

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99