-
Junior Member
registered user
a tv record/capture program that is easy to setup/configure
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Posts: 61
Hi all
While I beleive that knoppix is the best distro out there
it lacks in a tv record/capture program that is easy to setup/configure
I have tried to install 5 but most of the time it is only source or the packages have dependency clashes some of the ones I have tried and look good on their screenshots are
shalvideo
kalva
cupidmmsv2
webvcr+
nvrec
I gave up on mythtv and freevo because australia does not use xmltv which seems to be a big problem. Anyway even my whife can startup a tv player and use it with seperate programs so why have it all tied together
I set up a tv user ( which it autoboots into ) and edited the start menu to limit it. sorry I am raving now guess I'm tired
If someone knows of a record program that has sheduleing that is easy to get going please let me know
thaks for your time
-
Senior Member
registered user
i am looking for the same thing. currently using mencoder scripts from a command line and scheduling via cron. here is a good starting off point:
http://www.linuxprofessionalsolution...vlicek/tv.html
however, not very wife friendly.
if you post some of the errors you are getting with a particular package, you may be able to get help getting them installed. i couldn't get freevo installed at first, but got some answers here that helped me get it done.
-
Junior Member
registered user
so far I have found xdtv to schedule ok but the result seems to be poor
as in I loose 20-50 frames /hour and get some horzontal lines evey now and again
gv4l seems to work but is confusing to use
freevo seems to need xmltv but in australia we do not seem to use it
thanks for your link as it gave me another one to try
Similar Threads
-
By ffenliv in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-24-2005, 04:19 PM
-
By jMon54 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-26-2005, 03:35 PM
-
By plener in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-17-2004, 01:06 PM
-
By skip697 in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-28-2004, 03:04 AM
-
By nightcrawler in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 09:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00