will ubuntu achieve that functionality via multi-session capabilities like puppy linux does? Also, I don't really see why modifying the distro to automatically check for a path for saved cheat codes would really be all that hard, but I think mabe using grub or a modification there of would probably achieve that nicely, I notice that when I start kanotix via grub, there is a text box at the bottom of the screen with all the preconfigured boot options already read in from my hd. If the way grub operates on the live-cd could be modified to check for the values for that text box on a sequential list of possible drives then the user could have persistance on cheat codes at startup without having to enter them in manually, mabe something like this:

How the Proposed Modified Grub Might Work
  • Now Checking for usb devices with bootoptions.lst file
    scanning for drives marked sd[a-z]*...........
    scanning for drives marked ub[a-z]*...........
    found bootoptions.lst file @ /mnt/uba1/bootoptions/bootoptions.lst
    executing code options