-
blank screen when X comes up
Hi
I tried to boot from a freshly downloaded Knoppix-5 image on my laptop but when X is launched it presents a wite screen and that's it.
I did several attempts with various cheatcodes but none was helping me.
Then I booted up with
knoppix 2
which keeps Linux in textmode. Next I did
X -configure
this created a new //xorg.conf.new file.
I tried next
X -config //xorg.conf.new
and now X came up with a normal canvas. Last step was
cp //xorg.conf.new /etc/X11/xorg.conf
init 5 brought up everything normal
This may help others
Kees
-
blank screen when X comes up
Hi
I tried to boot from a freshly downloaded Knoppix-5 image on my laptop but when X is launched it presents a wite screen and that's it.
I did several attempts with various cheatcodes but none was helping me.
Then I booted up with
knoppix 2
which keeps Linux in textmode. Next I did
X -configure
this created a new //xorg.conf.new file.
I tried next
X -config //xorg.conf.new
and now X came up with a normal canvas. Last step was
cp //xorg.conf.new /etc/X11/xorg.conf
init 5 brought up everything normal
This may help others
Kees
Similar Threads
-
By famousnation in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-30-2006, 05:05 AM
-
By nuB71705 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-18-2005, 06:20 AM
-
By Fish in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 10:37 PM
-
By slime101 in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-26-2003, 01:33 AM
-
By gavin in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-08-2003, 02:06 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$94.95