Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: A fix for RT2500 wireless chip?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2

    A fix for RT2500 wireless chip?

    I have read all the threads I can find looking for a way to get my wireless conection up with Knoppix 4.0.2

    Everybody with this chip seems to have a problem although the card is recognised. I can boot up with "nodhcp" and the connection apears to be there. But everything freezes as soon as I try to activate it.

    All the threads give up and say it just doesn't work with Knoppix! I don't want to let this go, I really want to build my own disc to act as an emergency system for the next time I manage to shred my system - which I do quite often - and I am going to try setting up a "raid" soon.

    The drivers in Mepis, Ubuntu and vanilla Debian (with drivers from apt-get pool inc. the config utility) work out of the box.

    Soooo......... is this a known problem that may get fixed with the next release or is there a way to fix it that I haven't found yet?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2

    No change in 5.1.1

    I still can't get this card working. At least the driver seems to load now. When I do "modprobe -l" I can find rt2500pci but I can't get anything to respond. I have tried ifconfig, iwconfig, iwlist, pump, all to no avail. Has anyone out there got this card to work?

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 5.2 and rt2500 wireless
    By snakedriver in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-20-2007, 08:38 PM
  2. wireless problem with EW-7128g, RT2500 Drivers
    By mbn18 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-28-2005, 03:22 PM
  3. Knoppix 4.0 DVD & rt2500 wireless
    By snakedriver in forum Networking
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-20-2005, 11:53 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-23-2005, 09:24 AM
  5. Wireless Prism 2.5 chip - dhcp trouble
    By eggsally in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2003, 06:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor picture

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor

$79.00



Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz 8 Core Processor picture

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz 8 Core Processor

$85.00



Intel Core i7-8700 3.20GHz 6-Core CPU Processor SR3QS LGA1151  picture

Intel Core i7-8700 3.20GHz 6-Core CPU Processor SR3QS LGA1151

$75.00



Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU picture

Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU

$39.99



Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339 picture

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339

$39.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$69.99



Intel Core i5-6500 Processor (3.2GHz, 4 Core, LGA1151 Socket) - SR2L6 picture

Intel Core i5-6500 Processor (3.2GHz, 4 Core, LGA1151 Socket) - SR2L6

$10.00



Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0 picture

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0

$38.00



Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished picture

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished

$44.99