-
A fix for RT2500 wireless chip?
I have read all the threads I can find looking for a way to get my wireless conection up with Knoppix 4.0.2
Everybody with this chip seems to have a problem although the card is recognised. I can boot up with "nodhcp" and the connection apears to be there. But everything freezes as soon as I try to activate it.
All the threads give up and say it just doesn't work with Knoppix! I don't want to let this go, I really want to build my own disc to act as an emergency system for the next time I manage to shred my system - which I do quite often - and I am going to try setting up a "raid" soon.
The drivers in Mepis, Ubuntu and vanilla Debian (with drivers from apt-get pool inc. the config utility) work out of the box.
Soooo......... is this a known problem that may get fixed with the next release or is there a way to fix it that I haven't found yet?
-
No change in 5.1.1
I still can't get this card working. At least the driver seems to load now. When I do "modprobe -l" I can find rt2500pci but I can't get anything to respond. I have tried ifconfig, iwconfig, iwlist, pump, all to no avail. Has anyone out there got this card to work?
Similar Threads
-
By snakedriver in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-20-2007, 08:38 PM
-
By mbn18 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-28-2005, 03:22 PM
-
By snakedriver in forum Networking
Replies: 8
Last Post: 11-20-2005, 11:53 PM
-
By ewangr in forum Networking
Replies: 8
Last Post: 05-23-2005, 09:24 AM
-
By eggsally in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-20-2003, 06:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72