Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Wireless Card loss on Reboot

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2

    Wireless Card loss on Reboot

    I am new to Linux/Knoppix but was able to stumble my way to configuring a wireless card in my Linux box. The problem is I would like to have the card be loaded every time the box is booted without having to use the modpod command. I am very used to DOS and WindowsXP, and from what I have been reading I need to find the Autoexec.bat/config.sys equivalent in Linux so that it loads the wireless driver every time the box is booted.

    I am using the current Knoppix MythTV build (I know...not a good build to learn Linux on, but its a fun project for me)

    I was able to build the driver using the ndiswrapper and I am able to configure the card using netcardconfig.

    Any help would be appreciated!

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    122
    I am unsure as to how to implement my suggestion as I am rather green in my reintroduction to the unix/linux world, but I will post my suggestion now in the hopes you can figure out how to write a script for this yourself since I won't have a chance to try anything until the weekend, but if I get the code myself I'll post it. I believe using a combination of saveconfig and a crontab may work. Like for example, setting up a crontab that will load your wi-fi driver at startup time and then using the saveconfig command to save your configurations and then reload them having the crontab automatically use the modprobe command for your driver, of course you'd still have to use the knoppix myconfig=scan cheat code......

Similar Threads

  1. Saved Wireless settings aren't persisting after reboot.
    By Legless_Marine in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-20-2005, 08:00 PM
  2. Saved wireless config not persisting after reboot
    By Legless_Marine in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-08-2005, 07:09 PM
  3. WG 511 wireless - reconfigured after reboot?
    By rhybeka in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2005, 01:17 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-31-2005, 12:19 AM
  5. Can't find my network card after each reboot
    By turbines in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 02:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001 picture

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001

$14.90



Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module picture

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module

$89.00



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver picture

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver

$1500.00



Cisco SFP-10G-LRM 10GBASE-LRM SFP+ Module for MMF and SMF 10-2456-03 Genuine picture

Cisco SFP-10G-LRM 10GBASE-LRM SFP+ Module for MMF and SMF 10-2456-03 Genuine

$25.00



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Lot of 2 For Cisco SFP-10G-X Transceiver, 10Gb SFP+ RJ45 10GBase-T 30m picture

Lot of 2 For Cisco SFP-10G-X Transceiver, 10Gb SFP+ RJ45 10GBase-T 30m

$73.99