Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: USB Drives Mount but...

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    USB Drives Mount but...

    When I plug in my two different usb drives they both mount just fine. I can see and view the files. I cannot however create a folder or "write" to the drives.

    I then being the "computer guy" that I am checked the permissions on the drive. The first time I booted were read-only, so I changed that and made sure all the permissions were set for write access.

    This is to no avail. I am fixing to install Linux on this computer, but I need to save some of the old files from the corrupt Windows installation. Please help me!

    JS

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Hampton Roads, VA USA
    Posts
    81
    Assuming the thumbdrives are formatted either FAT16 or FAT32 and the link is auto-populated to your desktop, you should be able to right click and mount the drive(s). Then, right click again and choose Actions> Change read/write mode> choose yes or no depending on intent. You should then be able to save to your drive. Once you're done, don't forget to unmount the drives to ensure the data is saved.

    HTH

    'Goon

Similar Threads

  1. how do i mount more hard drives? / wireless
    By Vertical Horizon in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-18-2006, 12:17 AM
  2. How do I mount hard drives?
    By Sky in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-05-2006, 04:37 PM
  3. How to mount USB Drives?
    By richard_earhart in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-17-2005, 07:50 PM
  4. mount drives knoppix 3.4
    By plener in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-19-2005, 02:26 PM
  5. why can't I mount all my drives
    By Eradicator in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-26-2003, 06:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK hynix 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RA0-10 Server Memory Ram HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF picture

SK hynix 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RA0-10 Server Memory Ram HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF

$57.99



Synology 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM 260-Pin D4ES03-16G picture

Synology 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM 260-Pin D4ES03-16G

$1000.00



Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW picture

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW

$1.39



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Lot 4 Samsung 64gb PC4-25600 2Rx4 DDR4-3200AA ECC RDIMM Reg Server Memory RAM picture

Lot 4 Samsung 64gb PC4-25600 2Rx4 DDR4-3200AA ECC RDIMM Reg Server Memory RAM

$2649.00



SK hynix 32GB DDR4 2666MHz (2×16GB) PC4-2666V-SE1-11 HMA82GS6JJR8N-VK picture

SK hynix 32GB DDR4 2666MHz (2×16GB) PC4-2666V-SE1-11 HMA82GS6JJR8N-VK

$99.99



Kingston 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-RB1-11 ECC REG Server Memory HP24D4R7D4MAM-32 picture

Kingston 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-RB1-11 ECC REG Server Memory HP24D4R7D4MAM-32

$140.00



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB picture

SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB

$34.99