Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: USB Drives Mount but...

  1. #1

    USB Drives Mount but...

    When I plug in my two different usb drives they both mount just fine. I can see and view the files. I cannot however create a folder or "write" to the drives.

    I then being the "computer guy" that I am checked the permissions on the drive. The first time I booted were read-only, so I changed that and made sure all the permissions were set for write access.

    This is to no avail. I am fixing to install Linux on this computer, but I need to save some of the old files from the corrupt Windows installation. Please help me!

    JS

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Hampton Roads, VA USA
    Posts
    81
    Assuming the thumbdrives are formatted either FAT16 or FAT32 and the link is auto-populated to your desktop, you should be able to right click and mount the drive(s). Then, right click again and choose Actions> Change read/write mode> choose yes or no depending on intent. You should then be able to save to your drive. Once you're done, don't forget to unmount the drives to ensure the data is saved.

    HTH

    'Goon

Similar Threads

  1. how do i mount more hard drives? / wireless
    By Vertical Horizon in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-18-2006, 12:17 AM
  2. How do I mount hard drives?
    By Sky in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-05-2006, 04:37 PM
  3. How to mount USB Drives?
    By richard_earhart in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-17-2005, 07:50 PM
  4. mount drives knoppix 3.4
    By plener in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-19-2005, 02:26 PM
  5. why can't I mount all my drives
    By Eradicator in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-26-2003, 06:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI picture

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI

$289.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$81.99



ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used picture

ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used

$220.00



ASUS Motherboard PRIME B250M-C Intel G4560+ LGA 1151 DDR4 mATX + Fan +I/O Shield picture

ASUS Motherboard PRIME B250M-C Intel G4560+ LGA 1151 DDR4 mATX + Fan +I/O Shield

$49.95



ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU

$45.00



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99