I am running MAC OSX 10.4.6 on an Apple Powerbook with the PowerPC processor. Would I be able to use Knoppix? Is there any related documentation on this.
Regards,
Sandeep
I am running MAC OSX 10.4.6 on an Apple Powerbook with the PowerPC processor. Would I be able to use Knoppix? Is there any related documentation on this.
Regards,
Sandeep
The G4 powerbook runs a PowerPC CPU and Knoppix is compiled for x86, specifically 486 and up. So Knoppix will not run on a powerpc system. You will need a live CD designed to run on the powerpc architechture. Ubuntu 5.10 has a powerpc livecd at http://releases.ubuntu.com/5.10/ubun...ve-powerpc.iso which I found here http://releases.ubuntu.com/5.10/
Originally Posted by UnderScore
THanks, underscore. Have sent away for the Ubuntu CD already but had heard rave reviews of Knoppix...

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE
$189.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
HP Samsung PM871b 2.5 SATA SSD 256GB Solid state drive
$29.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99