I'm a Linux noob and want to learn more about the various Linux OS's and Knoppix seemed a good place to start. I ordered the Knoppix CD (4.0.2) and tried it in my system but all it does is show the little penguin image and then nothing. I bought the Linux bible in order to research the problem and got a Knoppix on DVD (also 4.0.2) with it. I tried that one and still nothing. My system is self-built with Athlon [email protected], Mach Speed Viper MB V881DAS, Windows XP-SP2, Seagate 7200, 1 Gb RAM and DigitalMax DVD +-RW. I checked the BIOS and placed CD as first boot option and still am not getting a response from the Knoppix CD or DVD.
At this point I am at a loss since I am totally unfamiliar with the Linux OS kernel. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99
Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER
$39.99
Cordless Vacuum Cleaner for 20V Battery, 7-in-1 Lightweight Stick Vacu...
$149.15
Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99
Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99