-
Few questions about remastering...
I've completed all the important tasks but now I need only to solve some minor problems:
1.) How can I change those messages that are shown during splash screen boot (like "initiating KDE...")
2.) What is the shortest and easiest way to change user name "knoppix" to some other username?
3.) How can I change the tux logo at the very startup of knopppix (during the black screen...
)
4.) Also I want to change that message "welcome to knoppix" at the startup. I want to replece it wih something other like "welcome to -mydisro-"...
-
Senior Member
registered user
1) investigate ksplash http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdebas...roduction.html
2) search forums for linuxrc and 45xsession, the edit the scripts
3) http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...light=tux+logo
4) search the forums for minirt.gz and linuxrc, edit the linuxrc
Similar Threads
-
By Trace Green in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-14-2005, 04:36 AM
-
By nick.carstensen in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-22-2004, 01:58 PM
-
By DeadCreep666 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 12:28 PM
-
By nvgringo in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 03:49 PM
-
By Gamito in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-15-2003, 05:33 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$461.10

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$427.48

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$15.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$288.98

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1774.24

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Samsung Portable SSD T9 1TB USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Black Encrypted Drop Resistant
$185.00