Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Remastering Problems

  1. #1

    Remastering Problems

    Hello,

    I am remastering kanotix Cebit, and running into problems. I have successfully remastered kanotix 2005-04 64 bit, so I'm really frustrated. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

    I have followed the steps exactly as http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto

    I have changed /mnt/hda1/knx to /media/sda3/knx

    my problems start here:

    mkisofs -R -U -V "KNOPPIX.net filesystem" -publisher "KNOPPIX www.knoppix.net" \
    -hide-rr-moved -cache-inodes -no-bak -pad /media/sda3/knx/source/KNOPPIX \
    | nice -5 /usr/bin/create_compressed_fs - 65536 > /media/sda3/knx/master/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX

    does not work (it creates a small file) so change the last line to:
    | nice -5 /usr/bin/create_compressed_fs - 65536 > /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX

    All appears well, it takes about 15 minutes for the image to be made. When finished I then:

    cd /media/sda3/knx/master and

    mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 \
    -boot-info-table -b boot/grub/iso9660_stage1_5 -c boot/grub/boot.cat \
    -hide-rr-moved -o /media/sda3/knx/knoppix.iso /media/knx/inertia/master

    (i changed boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin to boot/grub/iso9660_stage1_5 and boot/isolinux/boot.cat to boot/grub/boot.cat)

    I then get this error :

    Uh oh, I can't find the boot catalog directory in 'boot/grub'!

    Please help, I've been up for days and don't know what else to do.

  2. #2
    I have been successful at this step now:

    mkisofs -R -U -V "Inertia filesystem" -publisher "InertiaOS" \
    -hide-rr-moved -cache-inodes -no-bak -pad /media/sda3/inertia/source/KNOPPIX \
    | nice -5 /usr/bin/create_compressed_fs - 65536 > /media/sda3/inertia/master/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX

    (I deleted the directorty /media/sda3/inertia/master/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX - I'm not sure how it was created)

    But I still get the same error at the next step:

    Uh oh, I can't find the boot catalog directory in 'boot/grub'!

    And yes boot.cat is in boot/grub

    Any thoughts or ideas would be helpful.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1
    Hi !

    While in your master directory just do a

    cp -a cdrom/boot .

    And it worked for me

Similar Threads

  1. Remastering problems in KDE Desktop
    By kurush_ishraqi in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 08:24 AM
  2. Problems remastering
    By Sendotux in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2006, 06:35 PM
  3. apt-get Problems while remastering
    By mben in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-01-2006, 01:13 PM
  4. Some problems after remastering
    By raj1478 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 09:26 AM
  5. Problems by remastering
    By Georgy#28 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2004, 02:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1625.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack) picture

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)

$1599.95



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$225.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$368.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64bit 32 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64bit 32 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed

$95.99



RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections picture

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections

$63.00