name flags partition type FS type label size MB
hda1 primary lin ext3 [/boot] 106.93
hda2 primary lin ext3 [/] 24980.18
hda3 primary Win95 16LBA 2146.80
hda5 logical lin swap 2089.23


Here's how I would repartition without mucking with the windows partition. Let me say again- if you don't back up your data be prepared for it to go bye-bye. Now that's out of the way.

First I would delete hda2,

Now you're on the home stretch- just create new partitions at will. You'll need at least 2500MB for Knoppix but I would definitely make it bigger. Perhaps 3000MB is a good size- you'll have p[lenty of room for additional apps.
If it tells you to reboot then by all means do so.

Remember- if you don't use the [write] fuction you have changed nothing. Just don't do anything to your windows partition and it will be fine. You can always boot the Knoppix cd and copy your windows partition to anywhere you like.