In case someone else have the same problem.
modprobe ehci-hcd seems to solve this problem for me in knoppix. I'm trying to find out why this works but if someone knows please do tell.
Hi,
I've tried these 3 distros and encountered a strange problem. grml and dsl has no problems recognizing and mounting my usb hdd. However, knoppix 4.0.2 don't seem to be able to do that.
It doesn't even show up in the lsusb list. I find this strange because dsl 2.3 is based on knoppix.
Anyone has experience getting knoppix to mount usb hdd?
In case someone else have the same problem.
modprobe ehci-hcd seems to solve this problem for me in knoppix. I'm trying to find out why this works but if someone knows please do tell.

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00
Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC
$34.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00
RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99
Original for Samsung NP950QCG-K01US LCD Screen Touch Full Top Assembly FHD Blue
$299.00
NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77