In case someone else have the same problem.
modprobe ehci-hcd seems to solve this problem for me in knoppix. I'm trying to find out why this works but if someone knows please do tell.
Hi,
I've tried these 3 distros and encountered a strange problem. grml and dsl has no problems recognizing and mounting my usb hdd. However, knoppix 4.0.2 don't seem to be able to do that.
It doesn't even show up in the lsusb list. I find this strange because dsl 2.3 is based on knoppix.
Anyone has experience getting knoppix to mount usb hdd?
In case someone else have the same problem.
modprobe ehci-hcd seems to solve this problem for me in knoppix. I'm trying to find out why this works but if someone knows please do tell.

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00
RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day
$188.24
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00