-
Switching to fluxbox
I've jumped to fluxbox, and it's only sort of working. Here's what I mean:
To remaster and set up the XWindows/fluxbox settings I boot with 'knoppix 2' then mount nad chroot to the source/KNOPPIX directory and everything works. When I'm done I copy the changes to /etc/skel . Restart, and everything is as I left it.
The problem comes in when I make the iso, and try to boot with 'knoppix bootfrom=/dev/hdb5/knoppix.iso" Note, not in runlevel 2. XWindows fails to start automagically. When I start it with "startx" fluxbox starts but the system freezes soon after, and it's not using my background or menu. I can get to a vt, and check the files, and they look like the old .fluxbox directory (but I coppied over them in /etc/skel ) I don't get where it's getting tese files from.
Any help would be appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By grasshopper in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-16-2006, 11:26 AM
-
By doormans in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 7
Last Post: 10-30-2005, 04:19 PM
-
By mxpeed in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-12-2004, 09:17 AM
-
By JockVSJock in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 01:53 PM
-
By displaced in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-30-2003, 10:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99