Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Problem with the Intel Pro WB2200/BG card

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dijon, France
    Posts
    1

    Problem with the Intel Pro WB2200/BG card

    I am new to Knoppix and to linux.

    I have the following configuration:
    Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo V2000 notebook with the Intel Pro WB2200/BG card
    Knoppix Cebit 2006 (5.0) DVD

    I tried to get my wifi connection to work.
    I see the network adapter properly identified in the device manager - I guess that is the proof that the drivers are included in Knoppix 5.0. I suppose that this is further confirmed by the fact that I can see that a IPMW2200 process is killed during shutdown.

    When I run wavelan on eth2 (proposed by the system) and enter the SSID + WEP key, this doesn't get me any connection.

    When I run iwconfig on the eth2 I get the following message:

    eth2 radio off ESSID:"WiFi-CROUS"
    Mode:Managed Channel:0 Access Point: Not-Associated
    Bit Rate=0 kb/s Tx-Power=off
    Retry limit:7 RTS thrff Fragment thrff
    Encryption key:52FE-XXXX-D8 Security modepen
    Power Managementff
    Link Quality:0 Signal level:0 Noise level:0
    Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
    Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0

    I guess the problem is in the first flag: "radio off". But how do I get the wifi adapter to start up?

    I read on some website that this should be done through the ifup command. I tried ifup eth2 in the root shell but that didn't get me anything...

    Could anyone help me? any hints? Am I right when I suppose that the device is correctly recognized by Knoppix 5.0?

    Thanks in advance for your help.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3
    Please check also http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24334; maybe that applies to your configuration as well. You will find errors during loading the ipw2200 module (use dmesg).

    Ton

Similar Threads

  1. Problem installing Intel Graphics Card
    By insolit in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2006, 04:16 AM
  2. Intel 2200B/G WiFi Card
    By skwerl in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-30-2005, 08:05 PM
  3. intel/xircom network card...almost there?
    By mabhatter in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2004, 02:57 AM
  4. KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-09-24: Intel 845 Graphic Card Problem
    By pablodc in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 05:23 AM
  5. Intel PCMCIA Card
    By JmanA9 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2003, 08:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


LOT 10: Samsung M393A4K40BB2-CTD7Y 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC RDIMM Server RAM picture

LOT 10: Samsung M393A4K40BB2-CTD7Y 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC RDIMM Server RAM

$1749.99



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM picture

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM

$320.00



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Samsung 32GB DDR5-4800 ECC RDIMM 2Rx8 PC5-38400 Server RAM M321R4GA3BB6-CQK picture

Samsung 32GB DDR5-4800 ECC RDIMM 2Rx8 PC5-38400 Server RAM M321R4GA3BB6-CQK

$1099.99



x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM picture

x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM

$329.99



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00