Please check also http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24334; maybe that applies to your configuration as well. You will find errors during loading the ipw2200 module (use dmesg).
Ton
I am new to Knoppix and to linux.
I have the following configuration:
Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo V2000 notebook with the Intel Pro WB2200/BG card
Knoppix Cebit 2006 (5.0) DVD
I tried to get my wifi connection to work.
I see the network adapter properly identified in the device manager - I guess that is the proof that the drivers are included in Knoppix 5.0. I suppose that this is further confirmed by the fact that I can see that a IPMW2200 process is killed during shutdown.
When I run wavelan on eth2 (proposed by the system) and enter the SSID + WEP key, this doesn't get me any connection.
When I run iwconfig on the eth2 I get the following message:
eth2 radio off ESSID:"WiFi-CROUS"
Mode:Managed Channel:0 Access Point: Not-Associated
Bit Rate=0 kb/s Tx-Power=off
Retry limit:7 RTS thrff Fragment thr
ff
Encryption key:52FE-XXXX-D8 Security modepen
Power Managementff
Link Quality:0 Signal level:0 Noise level:0
Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0
I guess the problem is in the first flag: "radio off". But how do I get the wifi adapter to start up?
I read on some website that this should be done through the ifup command. I tried ifup eth2 in the root shell but that didn't get me anything...
Could anyone help me? any hints? Am I right when I suppose that the device is correctly recognized by Knoppix 5.0?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Please check also http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24334; maybe that applies to your configuration as well. You will find errors during loading the ipw2200 module (use dmesg).
Ton

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99
TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
HP ProCurve J9265A 6600-24XG 10GBE Layer3 Gigabit Switch w/ 2 x PSU
$180.20