-
Loading modules on a remastered knoppix
I am creating a very subtle remaster (just removing a few packages, udating a few), but one of the things I want is to add a couple of modules to the /etc/modules file to load on boot (for my tv tuner card).
Are there any problems if I boot this remaster on a different machine that doesn't have this tv tuner card? I expect during booting that just a couple of error messages will appear saying hardware not found, and it should continue unhindered.
The lines I need to add to /etc/modules are:
tda9887 qss=0
tuner
This is all that is necessary for my tv tuner work in an intalled system, so I would like to have it work in a live system too!
Thanks for any suggestions or ideas.
-Steve.
Similar Threads
-
By sudeepak in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-15-2008, 11:55 PM
-
By coltrane4 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 12
Last Post: 10-07-2006, 09:42 PM
-
By soumya in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-23-2006, 08:09 AM
-
By wicking in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-06-2004, 07:50 PM
-
By gus in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-22-2004, 09:52 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

Microsoft Surface Pro 5 Silver 128GB SSD 4gb RAM
$97.97

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

Lenovo IdeaPad S340-15IWL Laptop 15.6" Intel Core i3-8145U 8GB RAM 256GB SSD
$126.65

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99

AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 8-Core 16-Thread 4.6GHz Max Boost, 3.8 GHz Base
$170.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00