Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Potential glitch in saving configuration to floppy

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Oak, Michigan USA
    Posts
    199

    Potential glitch in saving configuration to floppy

    The following is not a really a complaint. It's more an observation, based on the default boot (KDE, etc.)

    I ran into a slight snag when saving my KNOPPIX configuration to floppy the other day. When I next booted and used "knoppix floppyconfig" to re-load the saved configuration, my FAT32 Windows hard drives acted strangely. Though they showed as mounted (as denoted by the green arrows along side the icons), I couldn't make them writeable. Unmounting them gave an error that they were not mounted, but then remounting the drives made it possible for them to be made writeable.

    Through experimentation, I discovered that my hard drives should NOT be mounted when I save my KNOPPIX configuration to floppy, or the wierdness described above happens. Have others observed this behavior? Is it documented?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    8

    Saving config

    I downloaded latest of Knoppix. I was curious as I know nothing of Linux or any of its off-shoots but thought this is a way to get my feet wet, so to speak. My problem is, my configuration is not getting saved to floppy. It says that it is successfully saved, and when I boot knoppix and put in the command to load the floppy (knoppix floppyconfig) it shows that it is loading it, but when loaded I am starting from scratch again. Nothing appears saved. Any ideas?
    By the way, I am using Windows xp, and from what I have read, because it is NTFS and not FAT32 , I can't save to disk.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    8
    Found my problem I had misread the check boxes in "save configuration", I thought I was checking them all...when really I was UNchecking them all. Anyway, worked after that. Saved configuration on floppy, then on boot I entered....knoppix floppyconfig failsafe.....and Voila`, it loaded with my preferences.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-16-2004, 02:16 AM
  2. Saving the configuration
    By djenner in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2004, 11:34 PM
  3. help saving my configuration
    By plus1hdcp in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 02:05 PM
  4. Saving root configuration
    By benmayim in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-20-2003, 01:07 PM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-24-2003, 03:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Atari SX212 Modem for IBM-Compatible Systems w/ Power Adapter & Manuals NOS picture

Atari SX212 Modem for IBM-Compatible Systems w/ Power Adapter & Manuals NOS

$125.00



Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly picture

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly

$18.95



Atari 800 Home Computer 48K RAM In Original Box w/ Styro RF Switch Extra Games picture

Atari 800 Home Computer 48K RAM In Original Box w/ Styro RF Switch Extra Games

$349.30



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



Vintage Atari 400/800 - Ms PacMan Galaxian BASIC Atari Writer Carts + Joystick  picture

Vintage Atari 400/800 - Ms PacMan Galaxian BASIC Atari Writer Carts + Joystick

$38.88



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS picture

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS

$16.95



Atari 410 Program Recorder repair w manual sheet/ adapter cord  picture

Atari 410 Program Recorder repair w manual sheet/ adapter cord

$23.99



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25