Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Potential glitch in saving configuration to floppy

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Oak, Michigan USA
    Posts
    199

    Potential glitch in saving configuration to floppy

    The following is not a really a complaint. It's more an observation, based on the default boot (KDE, etc.)

    I ran into a slight snag when saving my KNOPPIX configuration to floppy the other day. When I next booted and used "knoppix floppyconfig" to re-load the saved configuration, my FAT32 Windows hard drives acted strangely. Though they showed as mounted (as denoted by the green arrows along side the icons), I couldn't make them writeable. Unmounting them gave an error that they were not mounted, but then remounting the drives made it possible for them to be made writeable.

    Through experimentation, I discovered that my hard drives should NOT be mounted when I save my KNOPPIX configuration to floppy, or the wierdness described above happens. Have others observed this behavior? Is it documented?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    8

    Saving config

    I downloaded latest of Knoppix. I was curious as I know nothing of Linux or any of its off-shoots but thought this is a way to get my feet wet, so to speak. My problem is, my configuration is not getting saved to floppy. It says that it is successfully saved, and when I boot knoppix and put in the command to load the floppy (knoppix floppyconfig) it shows that it is loading it, but when loaded I am starting from scratch again. Nothing appears saved. Any ideas?
    By the way, I am using Windows xp, and from what I have read, because it is NTFS and not FAT32 , I can't save to disk.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    8
    Found my problem I had misread the check boxes in "save configuration", I thought I was checking them all...when really I was UNchecking them all. Anyway, worked after that. Saved configuration on floppy, then on boot I entered....knoppix floppyconfig failsafe.....and Voila`, it loaded with my preferences.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-16-2004, 02:16 AM
  2. Saving the configuration
    By djenner in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2004, 11:34 PM
  3. help saving my configuration
    By plus1hdcp in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 02:05 PM
  4. Saving root configuration
    By benmayim in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-20-2003, 01:07 PM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-24-2003, 03:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed) picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)

$361.91



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99



Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW) picture

Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW)

$999.99



Juniper EX4300-48T-AFO 48-Port 10/100/1000Base-T Switch+ Dual PSU w/EX-UM-4X4SFP picture

Juniper EX4300-48T-AFO 48-Port 10/100/1000Base-T Switch+ Dual PSU w/EX-UM-4X4SFP

$49.99



Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter picture

Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter

$59.99



Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS picture

Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS

$8199.99



Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management picture

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management

$249.97



Juniper Networks SRX220 8-Port Gigabit Layer 3 Managed Rackmount RJ-45 USB picture

Juniper Networks SRX220 8-Port Gigabit Layer 3 Managed Rackmount RJ-45 USB

$285.00