-
SiS 740/961 (SiS900) problems on Desknote
Hi!
I recently bought a Desknote A929 (notebook/desktop hybrid - well actually just a heavy Laptop without internal battery, which takes standard desktop CPU and RAM!! very nice too...)
Anyway, it came with "ThizLinux" which had no problems connecting to my Lan and the internet using the SiS 900 driver. I dont like ThizLinux, so wanted to install Debian, but even the 2.4.x kernel CD installer didn't have the modules for SiS network chips. SO I decided to try Knoppix, and it recognised my Ethernet device as SiS 900 allowed me to set up the network interfaces using netcardconfig. BUT I can't get the network to be seen. I am fairly confident I know what setting I need and they are in any case the same as I entered in the ThizLinux distro, which worked, so I assume its the SiS 900 not being quite right for the SiS 740/961 chips even though they should work.
Has anyone got any idea of how I can debug this problem. I did read somewhere -but can't find it again!! - that there is a patch for the modules to get the SiS 900 modules to work with the SiS961 chip properly. Unfortunately I am not an expert, but if someone can put me in the right direction, I would be gratefull.
Thanks
Francis
Similar Threads
-
By anastas in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-15-2004, 12:46 PM
-
By anastas in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 04:58 PM
-
By mindmeddler2003 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By dimkal in forum Networking
Replies: 10
Last Post: 11-01-2003, 12:34 AM
-
By ShadowHunter in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-12-2003, 04:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5ββ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08