-
Junior Member
registered user
What are these entries that chkrootkit shows???
I ran this command and came across some "interesting" entries. I haven't seen any abnormal activity or logs that would make me suspicious my box is hacked but this is sort of disconcerting. Any idea what these entries are and why knoppix has this stuff installed? I don't like the sounds of rootkits!
Searching for Anonoying rootkit default files and dirs... nothing found
Searching for ZK rootkit default files and dirs... nothing found
Searching for ShKit rootkit default files and dirs... nothing found
Searching for AjaKit rootkit default files and dirs... nothing found
Searching for zaRwT rootkit default files and dirs... nothing found
Searching for Madalin rootkit default files... nothing found
Searching for Fu rootkit default files... nothing found
Searching for ESRK rootkit default files... nothing found
I'm assuming this means the tool was looking for these rootkits but didn't find any. Just curious since I'm new to this tool.
-
Senior Member
registered user
http://www.chkrootkit.org/#tests
If it didn't find anything then I don't see why you might worry about it.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Thanks for the info Underscore. I jumped the gun a little when I saw the words rootkit even though this tool is supposed to help check for those. Thanks for the link/info.
Similar Threads
-
By mestinson in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-11-2007, 07:50 PM
-
By srowe in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-30-2004, 06:38 PM
-
By castrol in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-04-2004, 08:40 AM
-
By mark_p in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-19-2004, 04:39 PM
-
By hugo in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-24-2003, 01:07 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99