-
Modifying the Start Menu
Hi,
I tried to modify the Start Menu in the K-Menubar with kmenuedit. But I had no chance to see the changes in the ISO-image.
I also tried to copy the directory /home/knoppix/.local/menus to ...../KNOPPIX/etc/skel/.config but that also does not work.
I found that even copying that folder into a Knoppix version booted does not give me the modified menu. So I am wondering: Has anyone ever tried to modify a menu?
I would love to see a little HowTo or pointer to such.
Thanks
Karl
-
hi karl ...
before u change the menu ....
try this .... http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Remaster...ngs_persistent
and then remove the skel
Code:
root@knoppix#rm -rf /etc/skel
after u change ur menu (use the kmenu), move the knoppix's home directory into skel and change the permission
Code:
root@knoppix#mv /home/knoppix /etc/skel
Code:
root@knoppix#chown -R root.root /etc/skel
now give it a try see if it works ...
Similar Threads
-
By bertheylen in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-06-2006, 01:53 PM
-
By movilogo in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-06-2006, 10:45 AM
-
By revaaron in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-26-2005, 01:01 PM
-
By jMon54 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-28-2005, 03:23 PM
-
By andig in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 05:39 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1671.47

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$1090.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

PNY CS2340 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 Upgrade Kit SSD 7400/6100MB/s
$130.00