Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: mozilla root folder

  1. #1

    mozilla root folder

    I'm trying to enable a mozilla config on a remastered disk (this is a general question as it would apply to a knoppix hd install too) I can't seem to figure out which folder is considered the mozilla root folder on knoppix the Automatic Mozilla Configurator:Locked config settings tells me it has to be in the mozilla root folder. I have solved this problem on gentoo linux, however the directory structure is different in knoppix. any help would be appreciated. (i've been guessing but haven't had time yet to go through all the options)

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    205

    Re: mozilla root folder

    Quote Originally Posted by xenoterracide
    I'm trying to enable a mozilla config on a remastered disk (this is a general question as it would apply to a knoppix hd install too) I can't seem to figure out which folder is considered the mozilla root folder on knoppix the Automatic Mozilla Configurator:Locked config settings tells me it has to be in the mozilla root folder. I have solved this problem on gentoo linux, however the directory structure is different in knoppix. any help would be appreciated. (i've been guessing but haven't had time yet to go through all the options)
    I think it might be /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox for Firefox and /usr/lib/mozilla-thunderbird for Thunderbird because I found the greprefs/all.js mentioned in that article from there:
    Code:
    knoppix@0[usr]$ find /usr/ | grep all.js
    /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/greprefs/all.js
    /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/greprefs/xpinstall.js
    /usr/lib/mozilla-thunderbird/defaults/pref/all.js
    /usr/lib/mozilla-thunderbird/greprefs/all.js
    /usr/lib/mozilla-thunderbird/greprefs/xpinstall.js

  3. #3
    hmm... I'll try putting it ther but if you'll note I don't have an all.js in that directory... for my KNOPPIX remaster.
    Code:
    /home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/usr/lib/thunderbird/defaults/pref/all.js
    /home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/usr/lib/thunderbird/greprefs/all.js
    /home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/usr/lib/thunderbird/greprefs/xpinstall.js
    /home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/usr/share/firefox/greprefs/all.js
    /home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/usr/share/firefox/greprefs/xpinstall.js
    /home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/opt/openoffice/program/greprefs/all.js
    all that is in that directory is a plugins directory. I'll try anyway.

  4. #4
    that folder doesn't work... at least buy default...

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by xenoterracide
    hmm... I'll try putting it ther but if you'll note I don't have an all.js in that directory... for my KNOPPIX remaster.
    Code:
    /home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/usr/lib/thunderbird/defaults/pref/all.js
    /home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/usr/lib/thunderbird/greprefs/all.js
    /home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/usr/lib/thunderbird/greprefs/xpinstall.js
    /home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/usr/share/firefox/greprefs/all.js
    /home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/usr/share/firefox/greprefs/xpinstall.js
    /home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/opt/openoffice/program/greprefs/all.js
    all that is in that directory is a plugins directory. I'll try anyway.
    Have you tried /usr/share/firefox where you seem to have the greprefs/all.js-file ?

  6. #6
    yes... was my first try.

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    205
    What was the right folder in Gentoo Linux?

  8. #8
    Code:
    /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox

Similar Threads

  1. Remastered 6.0.1. - root folder misplaced ?
    By heap in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2009, 02:24 PM
  2. Could Not make Folder
    By mlrible in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-08-2005, 06:35 AM
  3. Can't create folder
    By empro in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-04-2005, 07:51 PM
  4. Uninstall Mozilla and Mozilla components
    By turbines in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2004, 08:51 PM
  5. Clicking mailto links in Mozilla opens Mozilla Mail notKMail
    By lavaman094 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 06:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Primax FaxSwitcher II FS100, VINTAGE WORKS picture

Primax FaxSwitcher II FS100, VINTAGE WORKS

$40.00



Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra picture

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra

$120.00



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board. picture

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.

$135.37



Dell Latitude C640 Win98SE w/ USB Support Retro gaming Vintage USB FDD use CNC picture

Dell Latitude C640 Win98SE w/ USB Support Retro gaming Vintage USB FDD use CNC

$200.00



Vintage Microspeed MacTrac 2.0 Trackball Mouse - UNTESTED picture

Vintage Microspeed MacTrac 2.0 Trackball Mouse - UNTESTED

$19.99



Vintage Honeywell Military Aerospace Avionics PCB Gold Ceramic Hybrid IC Board picture

Vintage Honeywell Military Aerospace Avionics PCB Gold Ceramic Hybrid IC Board

$299.95



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Vintage Trading Expert for Windows - AIQ Systems Floppy Disks Software + Storage picture

Vintage Trading Expert for Windows - AIQ Systems Floppy Disks Software + Storage

$75.00



VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED picture

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED

$500.00