Please edit your original post and change the subject line.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16574
i burned the dvd iso image onto a cd, and started to use knoppix. it worked three times, and now when i try to boot up the disc, it doesn't work and loads into windows instead.
i configured the bios so it boots from the cd/dvd drive first.
i'm on a dell inspiron 2200 notebook
1.7ghz, 512mb ram, 70gig hd
any suggestions?
Please edit your original post and change the subject line.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16574
i edited it......
1) I said nothing about related topics, it's your subject line that is the issue. If everyone used subject lines like "help me", "question" or "I'm a noob" then the forums would become useless for lookimg up any information.Originally Posted by morrisonk
2) You didn't exactly pick the best forum for posting in either, since we have a booting forum where this would seem to be a much better fit. Sure, there is some crossover, and you might have a laptop, but having a laptop doesn't mean that any question you ask about Knoppix is laptop related and belongs in the laptop forum. I could move this to the booting forum for you, but I will do nothing at all to help posts with subject lines like "question".
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
lol, thanks for the help everyone! i figured it out myself. i'd share, but i don't want to.![]()
No problem. As I said in the link I gave you; I have a policy of not helping when the subject line is lame. Maybe others are starting to do the same. Going back and editing your old post may have been a mistake; you did it after I last responded to your post. But since you did it as a revision to an old post instead of a new post I never was notified of the addition and didn't revisit the thread, otherwise I would have made some suggestions.Originally Posted by morrisonk
Glad to hear that your problem is resolved. Glad to get the "i'd share, but i don't want to" information, I'll make a note of that.
Morrisonk,
While you had a valid question and could have had more help, the manner in which your reply to the moderator/post was so indicative of the kind of selfishness that gives people a bad impression of Linux/related and the folks who use it, I am surprized that you posted at all.
I haven't done a lot of posts and I too have erred, but if you put your bloody EGO back where it belongs learning is a cooperative process, you might actually save yourself much time and hassle. It is good that you figured it out, but your selfishness ( and it's expression ) deprives the next would be techie from learning too.
I have sometimes thought of being a moderator, but after I see what these great volunteers have to put up with I think I'll pass until I too learn more patience. Harry - GREAT JOB!!![]()
As ever
I Remain ~ In Service & In Health,
Captain Cautious

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99
Intel Core i7-10700KF CPU 3.8GHz Socket LGA1200 SRH74 Desktop Processor
$149.99