-
Help with external monitor on my Compaq R3000.
I have found that when I boot up knoppix while my external monitor is plugged in, I doesn't work. My laptop display is fine but the external is all screwy. However if I wait until KDE is completely booted up, then plug in my rosewill widscreen in, it works like a charm. That doesn't bother me, what does bother me is that I want to turn my laptop display OFF while using my external. In fedora core 5 it wasn't a problem I could just keep the external plugged in and when gnome booted up, it would turn off my laptop display. How can I get around this problem?
[EDIT]
One more problem. When I try to play a video in xine, the video plays fine on my laptop display but i get a blue screen on my external monitor. any ideas?
Similar Threads
-
By shawnrgr in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-06-2006, 06:51 PM
-
By pigspigs76 in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-08-2006, 04:17 AM
-
By Nebopolis in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-14-2005, 08:56 AM
-
By t0ast in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 06:27 PM
-
By rdoma219 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-11-2003, 12:05 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00

Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99

Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110
$129.99

Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 *TESTED FOR POWER*
$349.99

Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010)
$149.00

Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99