Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: v5.0DVD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2

    v5.0DVD

    Hi,

    The world of knoppix is all new to me but I can’t wait to test it. I downloaded the v5.0DVD NTI ISO but can’t seem to get the software to boot. I used a few different PCs but no go. Any suggestion on how to get knoppix to boot? I even downloaded a trail version of NTI. I made one of my failed DVDs bootable, the boot part worked but then nothing from knoppix. I’d appreciate any help.

    The 4GB NTI ISO file is labeled v5.0DVD-2006-02-25.EN

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    You don't do anything to make the disc bootable, or it will never boot into Knoppix. I suggest reading and following the instructions in the Downloading Faq, instructions on finding it are here.

    By the way, I don't endorse or support using an unofficial release, I'll wait for the official one from Klaus and if you choose to use unofficial ones you take your chances. But you clearly need more understanding of how to burn an iso file, as you should never select any option to make it bootable.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2
    Hi Harry,

    Thank you for the info, it should be a big help. I understand your concerns about using the latest unofficial release. However, I’ll be testing in a lab environment at no risk to production clients. I’ve used ISOs in the past but needed to make sure I worked all my angles. Thank you for welcoming me to your world and I look forward to reading your posts. I’ll let you know how my issue goes.

Similar Threads

  1. Issues with fonts in Knoppix 5.0DVD, using lang=cs
    By SiKing in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2006, 10:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver picture

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver

$1500.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960x (WS-C2960X-48FPD-L) 48 Port POE Rack Mount Switch Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960x (WS-C2960X-48FPD-L) 48 Port POE Rack Mount Switch Brand New

$399.99



Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New picture

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New

$50.00



Cisco WS-X4748-UPOE+E Catalyst 4500E 48 Port UPoE 10/100/1000 Switch - fast Ship picture

Cisco WS-X4748-UPOE+E Catalyst 4500E 48 Port UPoE 10/100/1000 Switch - fast Ship

$39.98



CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B,  SKU 16188 picture

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188

$24.94



Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G 2 Port Network Exp Module for 3850 picture

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G 2 Port Network Exp Module for 3850

$16.99



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch

$39.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99